Translate

Friday, November 8, 2013

No Child Left Untableted

As of June, every student and teacher in the18 of the 24 middle schools in Greensboro, N.C., received brand new computer tablets. A total of 15,450 tablets. Do you believe that students should be able to use tablets at school? Well, I believe they should be. Having the opportunity to use open source learning has opened my mind up to the internet. If used correctly, the internet can be a very educational tool. It makes it easier to look up information for projects or essays. As long as the students don't abuse the opportunity to have the tablets. Now, I believe that students should have a time for class. It's very easy for kids to turn into robots. I know when I use my phone/iPod in class (for educational purposes or not) it is VERY easy to get distracted. There should be a rule on when they get to use them and when they cannot. I would hate to see this world turn into something like a scene from Wall-e. Every teacher should be able to have the option on whether or not they want their students to have these tablets. As long as these tablets are used for what they are supposed to be used for, I believe in this method 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment