Translate

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Reflections on Week One

Q1: Are there any factors that you think are going to affect your participation in this class? Access to a computer? Mobile/smart phone? Transportation? Family/friends schedule?

A: I don't believe that there are any factors that would affect my participation in the class (negatively that is). I always have access to a computer. If it's not a computer, then it's a cell phone or an Ipod. I would most likely never show up late to class, due to the fact that I get to school during 0 period and I don't even have a 0 period. That gives me plenty of time to get to class.

Q2: Think of an awesome best ever learning experience that changed you. What did you learn? Where were you? What happened? Who else was there? Did it teach you anything about how you learn (or pay attention... or remember, or think?) How did you know what was happening?

A: A great learning experience for me was actually from my junior English teacher who I have grown to know and love, Miss Bronkey. She was always so passionate about literature and about her students excelling in the classroom. One thing I specifically remember was the time when she was talking about how she got to where she is today. When she was all alone, had no financial aid, and was working day and night to make some money to be able to live off of. With her ambition alone, she made it possible go to school and get her bachelors degree at Cal Poly and her masters' at Chapman University. Sure, she could have gave up on her hopes and dreams and done nothing with her life, but that would have been easy. Miss Bronkey knew what was best for her , so she put all of her power and time to get to where she wanted to be. While she was telling us about this, I had to take a step out of myself and really think about my life. So many people go through their hard times, and believe me, I've been through mine too, but why give up so easily? Miss Bronkey taught me that no matter where you are in your life, if you have enough passion and hope, you can be and do anything that you want.

Q3: What are you most [excited/concerned] about in this class? What do you look forward to in learning?  How do you think it can/will make a practical difference in your life?

A: The thing that I'm most concerned about is being the only one in class or in a group to actually give input on what we're supposed to be doing. I already experienced this once when we were talking about "The Right to Your Opinion" and I hated the feeling. If everybody participated, I would be much more comfortable in class and with public speaking.I look forward to being about to pick about a story or a text and being able to understand it better. I am also looking forward to becoming a better writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment